April 3, 2011

Disney Land Trip!

So Dalton's birthday was on March 29th, and we decided as an early celebration, we'd pack up and spend the day at Disneyland. It seemed utterly perfect, assuming it was a half day at school, and no one was supposed to be on Spring Break just yet.



The day begun when we awoke at 7. We arrived at the park around 10 in the morning. It was groggy because of the marine layer, so it was rather cold. Of course I was wearing a tank top right? How unfortunate. I must admit, Disney Land DOES bring out the kid in EVERYBODY!

When we were dropped off, we walked through Downtown Disney. (Now to admit, I LOVE LEGOS!) And they had the biggest lego I had EVER seen. So I had to take a picture with it.


Very terrible picture. :).


And then we are face to face with the House of Blues.
And I really wanted to eat there for dinner. 



We eventually made our way through Down Town Disney and purchased our very overly priced tickets. (We bought tickets to enter both parks). We went to Disney Land first, and headed straight for Indiana Jones, which was a long wait, so we went on The River Safari Ride instead. :). The ride is rather cute, and very kid friendly. Kept both Dalton and I entertained. The drive was comical and made the ride enjoyably comfortable.

 I think I freaked when I saw the tiger, because I love tigers.


 I thought the snakes were cool, but I completely overlooked the crocodile. I feel bad for not noticing them until now. :(. 


 I thought the statue was pretty cool, especially when you notice the hands. 


 The animals looked so real! It was remarkable! 


 This is my fail attempt of getting a picture of a gorilla and her baby. :(.
Reminds me of Tarzan. . . . . . . . .  . 


 " Oh HEYYYYYYYY." 


 I found this cute. I don't know why.
Because it's totally adorable to fight over a Zebra carcass.



 It looks so real right? It wiggled its ears and sprayed water. 


And this is when the ride got a bit dull to me. Just because after seeing the realistic animals, you'd expect better people I assume? 





After the Safari ride, we gave up on Indiana Jones. (It broke down FOUR TIMES). We ended up going on Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, and eating at a cafe sort of restaurant. (Honestly, grotesque food). . . . . . . . . THEN we started to realize that half the country had ended up at Disney Land. We met people from Ohio to Oregon! To sum the rides up, we basically went on every GOOD/DECENT ride except Indiana Jones. :(. 


There is one thing that REALLY ticked me off about Disney Land: 

THE CHARACTERS REFUSE TO TAKE PICTURES WITH YOU!

The first time I asked a character to pose with me, really ticked me off. Do any of you recall the wolf from Pinocchio? The one that turns him into a Donkey? Well, I ran up to him, asking him to take a picture, and he shoved me aside. I mean literally SHOVED me aside. WTF? Three other families and I were chasing after the guy demanding a picture. >:(! 

Not ONLY that, but all the other characters wanted little kids, not me and Dalton. So we gave up and flashed pictures of just them. (Mean characters ruining my teenage years). Totally kidding, but seriously, NOT ONE PICTURE? REALLLLLY? 

>:(. RUDE!


-Sniffle-. I mean it's not like I wanted to meet Goofy. :(. 


MOVING ON.


We spent most of the time off rides, wandering through California Adventure. We went to the Hollywood section and ended up drawing animations, recording voices over original voices in movies, and taking quizzes to see what Disney Characters we got.

I was Cinderella.
HOW?

Her.

Me.


I see no resemblance in looks or character. :). 





When were were waiting for lines to shorten, we wandered along some rock climbing place. The ground was bouncy. And the rock wall was not all that difficult to climb. Mainly because it was made for five to ten year-olds. 


GO DALTON GO!


Towards the end of our trip, we started feeling sick. So we searched for a place to escape the cold. What place is better than the Abraham Lincoln dedication exhibit? Not only is he my favorite president, but he's a Republican, AND was the first Republican President to be elected. So yes, perfect place for shelter. 

Can you imagine living in that huge house?
I'd get lost CONSTANTLY. 


Ode to you Lincoln, not only did you bring the beginning to peace in our nation, but your sparked inspiration in so many of us, and started a turn for the better in our country. 
America will forever cherish what you did for our country even when you were faced with your many hardships. 
R.I.P.




After watching his speech and lazing on the couches in the exhibit, we heard fireworks, so we rushed outside. I apologize for the horrible pictures.








That basically ends our wonderful yet terrible adventure to Disney Land.
I've had my fill for a while. :D.



-Kupo



No comments:

Post a Comment